Thursday, March 10, 2011

Splendid Buttons and Felt Pin

I have inherited a butt load of buttons and I love each and every one of them.  The other day, inspiration hit me and I commissioned my daughter to make something lovely.  Inspiration, in our house, often results in a project for someone other than me.  It's convenient that I have artistic and handy relatives (husband and daughter) that I happen to have a lot of influence over.  Mighty handy, I tell you!  I delegate, and that's the gift I possess and utilize until the cows come home.




Isn't she pretty?  I like her a lot.  I call her Flora.


This is another favorite.  I wore this the other night when I was having dinner with my friend/co-worker, Kim.   People get us mixed up all the time at work and it's very confusing.  Any way,  I was wearing this flower and a man at the restaurant told me he liked it and it fit my personality.  Weird, but  I said, "Thanks, my daughter made it."  I thought to my self, wow, this man knows his fashion!  How hip of him!  Then, my dear friend, Kim, walks up and he says, "Is this your daughter?"  I composed my self, "She is practically my twin, we are so close in age!"  What the hay?  But, I am totally over it and apologized for flinging my sushi in his face.







Anthropologie?
Lucky for us we also have a butt load of safety pins. Karri attached a pin to the back of these splendid creatures, and then I just pin it to my sweater.  They would also look great on jackets and hats.  I really need to learn to knit.  Better yet, is there anyone willing to teach Rick how to knit for me?  He practically collects hobbies.

5 comments:

  1. These are really cute! I love things like this. Keep em coming Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem: too much quality denim in this world falls by the way side when its wearer goes up one size..two size...three size!
    Question: how can I keep my beloved breaches from meeting the garbage can or a kinder frame than my own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denim: I thought you’d never ask! The first thing that pops in my head is making a picnic blanket. Cut up all the jeans that are no longer useable to you. Decide on a uniform square size (4X4) and then sew the squares together. If you don't have enough to make a nice size blanket, ask friends if they have any jeans that they were going to give to the thrift store. Almost everyone has a stack that they are no longer wearing. The great thing about a denim picnic blanket is that it is thick, durable and would be super cute. If you want, you can sew an inexpensive backing in floral and then bind it in another contrasting color.
    I had a rather ambitious friend who covered her couch in patched denim. I have yet to learn how to make slip covers. Some day…..
    I hope that helps!
    Splendidtrash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love it! with patches of denim the possibilities are endless, and thank you that does help :) I am fairly confident with my sewing machine and scissors. A friend of mine suggested braiding it. Combining both ideas could make a sweet bag!

      Delete